Well, this should be interesting. Not because I'm that interesting (that's a semi lie. Sometimes I entertain the heck out of myself) but because I'm never quite sure what to write when it comes to 'about me' pages. They always leave me stumped and have me running for the nearest exit - on the net, that's the equivalent of the big red 'X' button - but it's time for a do-over because despite what my last attempt looked like, I'm not a boring person. Here's a little bit about me, the blogger behind the blog:
- I've been a reader my whole life, so much so that I find it hard to trace back to my first memory of reading because books have always just been there; a thought not too far away. I like to think that once a reader, always a reader.
- Contemporary is my favourite genre and always has been. I love that blogging introduced me to new genres though (reading The Hunger Games was such an experience the first time I read it, ha!) and I especially enjoy a good mystery/thriller or anything that will keep me turning the pages.
- I'm a big Joss Whedon fan. I think he's a creative genius and I'll watch anything he's written or is involved in. Also, I know that there's never going to be another Buffy *cries*, but I'd love to see him do another teen show or something similar. I bet it would be brilliant. And now I feel like doing a rematch... (Turns out this writing about oneself is pretty easy; you just talk and fangirl about other people!)
- To this day, the best giveaway I ever won was in Primary School when I won 52 books, a book for each week of the year. Talk about a book lovers dream! To enter, you had to write to Scholastic and share your favourite book and why. At that time it was, Are You My Mother? and I still have that little book on my shelf.
- I love a lot of books, but some of my all-time favourites include On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta, Friday Brown by Vikki Wakefield and The Last Leaves Falling by Sarah Benwell. Read them if you like your books brilliant. (Talking about books; another easy!)
+ I love watching TV. Some of my favourites: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Friends, Friday Night Lights, Gilmore Girls and Offspring. Forever on the hunt for a new show to binge and just like with books, I'm always open for recommendations!
So...that's me. Thanks for stopping by!