23 Oct 2011

Hex, A Witch and Angel Tale by Ramona Wray

Hex, A Witch and Angel Tale by Ramona Wray

Like most girls at Rosemound High School, seventeen-year-old Lily Crane is acutely aware of Ryder Kingscott. Hands down the cutest guy in school, Ryder is cool, mysterious, and utterly untouchable…especially for Lily. For when she touches someone, Lily instantly learns all about their lives. And while such a skill might seem nifty, in truth it is wrecking Lily’s life. So she is shocked when Ryder asks her out — and even more shocked to discover he has a rival. Lucian Bell is the gorgeous new kid who can’t take his eyes off of Lily. Being pursued by two hotties should make a girl happy, but Lily is skeptical. The boys act as if they’ve met before, hating each other with a passion that could only be rooted in a dark, dangerous past. A past full of terrible secrets. The
kind of secrets that could get a girl killed.

Review:
The concept of the story was intriguing and kept me on my toes, but I got a bit frustrated at times, when I first dived into this book. I found that the author put too many words around what she was actually trying to say and get across to the reader. Sometimes I found myself digging to find out what she was getting at...but then I came to a certain page and things started looking up!
After hitting page 29, it turned from being an O.K read to me not wanting to put it down. The intensity, heat, interest turned right up and left me wanting more; more story and Lily + Ryder moments!
Sometimes I got a bit confused, due to everything that was going. But to tell you the truth, it was that good, I just kept powering through!
Don’t know about you guys, but throughout the whole story, I was always rooting for Team Ryder! The main character, Lily was likeable and interesting to read about, I’m sure everyone only wanted a good outcome for her.
The past and present in this story was entwined together seamlessly, giving you just the right amount of what's going on to help you understand what needs to happen in the story. Twists and turns are weaved throughout the whole story and will leave you wondering with curiosity, trying to figure out what’s around the corner.
Don’t be fooled by this girly, pink cover. The pages of this book are filled with suspense, action and mystery!
Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment