22 Dec 2011

Getting To Know You: Busy Book Bee

Welcome to this week Getting To Know You, here we have with us today:

 
Megan from Busy Book Bee!



How long have you been blogging?
Well, I'm a newbie. I started in September of this year.

Why did you decide to create a blog?
I myself have always gone to book blogs to see what's new. To read reviews on books I'm considering reading. Because of that I figured "hey why not make my own blog?". Where I can freely state how I feel about books I've read and also meet people who enjoying reading as much as I do.

How did your blog name originate?
Busybookbee. It basically means that even though life today is hectic, and it leaves little for "me" time. I strive to dedicate time within my day to pick up a book and read.

How did you get into reading? Have you always been a reader?
I only ever read for school. Sadly. Reading books purely just to enjoy reading in itself never occurred to me. It was...boring? Yeah, it was boring. But, that's when I was younger than I am now. Obviously my feelings on that has changed. And, I'm glad it did. Books really are something to enjoy and treasure.

What was the last book you read, that made you feel like shouting from the rooftops, ‘cause it was that good!
Mmmm...oh wow let's see. I would have to say it is the currently ongoing UNF/PA series Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews. I can read all the recent books over and over again and never get tired of it. It makes me laugh, and I'm so in love with the characters. Definitely can't wait for the next book.

Bookish and Random...

Fave Literal Book Crush...
Whaaaat? Do you realize how hard a question this is? There's sooo many but I will choose my most recent book crush. And, it's Cricket Bell from Lola and the Boy Next Door.

Favourite TV Show(s)...
Once again. A hard question. I'll name two. Psych and Doctor Who. That's right, I'm a Whovian and proud of it!
Favourite authors...
Ooh. Ally Carter, Ilona Andrews, Patricia Briggs, Stephanie Perkins, Lauren Oliver, Rick Riordan, etc. Just to name a few.

Hardback or Ebook?
Both. I absolutely love my NOOKcolor. I take it everywhere with me. And ebook/tablet is very handy, esp when I don't want to lug a huge hardback with me while I'm on the train going to school. No. I can instead pull out my NOOK and read.
Now, for the hardback. It's satisfying having the feel of it on your hands, touch of the paper as you turn the pages. I can't choose between both, because each is perfect. For me, at least.


Quote that you live by (or simply like)...
"Never to dwell. Learn to let go when you need to. And, always move forward."

When you’re not reading, what do you like to do? Listen to music, watch TV, hang with friends. Or my favorite pastime...sleep. XD

Thanks for joining us today Megan, I hope you enjoyed taking part!

No comments:

Post a Comment