28 Jan 2012

Review: Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Everneath by Brodi Ashton (Everneath #1)

January 24th, 2012 Simon and Schuster

Source: Provided by the publisher

Format: Paperback
Page Count: 370

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...
Review:
What first got my attention about, Everneath was the stunning cover. After being enchanted by the cover, I read the blurb and was intrigued, so I marked it as to-read. When a copy came in the mail for me, I started it pretty much straight away, eager to start it. I thought Everneath would be a good read, but never did I ever think it would blow me off my feet the way it did!
When I first began, Everneath, I was confused. I didn’t know what was happening and found it hard to piece together. It took me awhile to get into, and for a little while, thought I might not be able to get into it. But around the 50 page mark, something changed and all of a sudden the story stopped being confusing, started making sense and grabbed me completely!  And the rest is history!
The writing is delectable – easy, breezy, beautiful, and so lovely to read.
I’ve haven’t read any other Hades and Persephone retellings, but I have heard from others that the outcome hasn't been so good. So after reading Everneath, if your about to give up on trying another Persephone retellings, stop and try this book!

I bet your wondering, how the romance in this book was, well I can gladly say it was brilliant! Addictive, magical, enticing, and so much more, I guarantee, you’ll melt in your seats!
Nikki, the main character is strong and determined. I enjoyed getting to know her and her story, along with how things came to be in her life. Jack, oh where do I begin! Sweet, kind, protective, understanding, courageous, and that’s just a few of his qualities! He made me squeal in delight! Definitely, a new literary crush! Swoon! Cole was annoying, and I wished that he’d just leave Nikki alone, but I didn’t really think much about Cole though, as all attention was all on Jack!
Brodi Ashton, has done a superb job on her debut! I can’t wait to see what she does next! As for that ending! Oh, boy, I don’t know how long I’ll be able to last til for book two! I need that sequel, pronto!
In case it isn’t clear enough, I loved, loved, loved, Everneath!
Rating 5/5

8 comments:

  1. I think I'm the only person on this planet that didn't love this one and I feel really bad about it LOL! But either way, glad you enjoyed it :) The cover really is gorgeous!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me your not the only one on the planet who didn't like it! Don't make me feel bad now! Were all different, sometimes we'll like the same things and sometimes we wont!

    Oh, yes the cover is lovely!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the darkness in Everneath and I really like how different it was from other YA stuff out there. And the world she created was so interesting! Loved it all around. Thanks for the review!

    Jessica @ Books: A true story

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! I really loved it as well. I just wish the ending was different, but I'm excited to see what happens next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! a brilliant romance? what else could I ask for? HOLY MOLY! I adore you review!! Im SO getting this book now! you totally did it for me! thnx u so much for sharing such wonderful review! muah!!!!

    Im glad I discovered your blog ^___^

    Happy Reading!

    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaa! I've been hearing great things about this book and I also got it for review as well!! The cover is just gorgeous and it's what got to me intrigued to read this book! Can't wait to read it. Awesome review, Rebecca! ♥

    Celine @ Forget-me-not

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! The cover is so lovely, I want to hang it in my room for all to see! :) Hope you like, Everneath, as much as I did! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! The cover is so beautiful. I am so glad that the contents are just as good! I'm definitely going to have to check this one out. Wonderful review, Rebecca.

    Here's my IMM. :)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete