23 Dec 2012

Review: Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

Finale (Hush, Hush #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick
October 1st, 2012 · Simon and Schuster
Source: Publisher
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 454
Fates unfurl in the gripping conclusion to the "New York Times" bestselling Hush, Hush saga.

Nora is more certain than ever that she is in love with Patch. Fallen angel or no, he is the one for her. Her heritage and destiny may mean they are fated to be enemies, but there is no turning her back on him. Now Nora and Patch must gather their strength to face one last, perilous trial. Old enemies return, new enemies are made, and a friend's ultimate betrayal threatens the peace Patch and Nora so desperately want. The battle lines are drawn--but which sides are they on? And in the end, are there some obstacles even love can't conquer?
I remember when I discovered Hush, Hush last year and how much I loved it. It was a guilty pleasure; addictive, creepy and utterly captivating. I started it one afternoon and by the next day had already finished it. As the series has gone on though, I’ve just found myself enjoying the series less and less, never fully admitting it and in denial but always secretly hoping that I’d get another glimpse and stumble upon what made me fall in love with the book that started it all in the first place but unfortunately, it just never happened for me.

The day I received Finale, I did a happy dance and ran off straight to my room to start it. I was running on adrenaline and excitement but once that passed, I really struggled to continue on. My heart wasn’t in it and I didn’t even really care what happened to the characters. Usually you would find me swooning over Patch but there was none of that happening this time round. He just got on my nerves, as did Nora which is a shame because once upon a time I used to like them.

There was a (very tiny) mention of Buffy and Angel when Halloween couple costumes were being discussed and though it was minor than minor, if you’ve seen my recent discovery of the show (thanks Sarah! *waves*) on Twitter or even the blog, you’ll know how much I love it. So even though it was hardly a blip on the radar, it was definitely a highlight, if not the highlight for me.

Even though I wasn’t a fan of Finale, I’m glad I finished the series as if I hadn’t I would have always wondered how it ended and at least now I know.

2/5

10 comments:

  1. I felt the same way, I really loved Hush Hush and Crescendo, but from Silence it all went downhill for me, I've got a copy of this too, but I'm still in two minds whether I should pick it up. Sorry this didn't work out for you Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew! Glad to know I'm not alone! Crescendo was OK but it definitely wasn't up to standard with Hush, Hush and even then I felt it slipping.

      Delete
  2. This book was actually my favourite of the series which really surprised me. I mean I wasn't a huge HUGE fan of the previous books like some others were and even if there were a couple of problems here and there in this particular book, but overall I enjoyed this one. Anyway nice review! But I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy this book but at least you finished the series which says something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed, at least one of us did!

      Delete
  3. I felt the same way! I loved Hush, Hush and I wasn't a fan of Crescendo or Silence... but this one was actually my favorite in the series. I don't know. I wasn't the biggest fan of the series, but I liked this one a lot. And I'm glad you finished the series! I always like to finish a series before I start another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm glad I finished the series too! At least I now know how it ends and I can move on. Interesting, Finale seems to be everyone's favourite...

      Delete
  4. I didn't enjoy this either but I think people who still love the series (despite the crappy middle two books) might still enjoy it!!

    p.s I've added your blog to our blogroll :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! I hate it when a series starts out strong and then deteriorates. I've had Hush, Hush on my shelves for about a year now and haven't picked it up yet. I've heard so many mixed reviews about that book and this series in general. I just don't know if it's my cup of tea or not. When I (finally) start reading through books that aren't from the library I may pick it up. I admit I'm curious. :) Thanks for the honest review Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, B, I'm sorry you didn't love it. I started it the day it arrived but... I just want to HIT Nora. She's so stupid it hurts.

    It's a shame. I actually LIKED Silence (hated Crescendo) so had high hopes for this one. It's... ugh. Oh well. At least we finally have that ending, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. real wishes: http://www.real-wishes.com


    Change Your Life

    ReplyDelete