The Love-A-Thon has arrived! Hosted by Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books and Katelyn @ Kate's Tales of Books and Bands, the event is basically two days of sharing and spreading the blogger love. If you're participating, hi!, and if you're not, still stick around because it's going to be fun!
To kick it off, an interview to get to know me better!1. How did you come up with your blog name?
I came across a blog with 'wishes' in their title and liked the idea of that playing a part in my name because on a cheesy (but true) note, reading is magical, but I also wanted to indicate it was a book blog. Reading Wishes was born. To this day I still love the name.
2. What genre/subject matter do you read and review most on your blog?
Contemporary is my favourite; always has been, always will be, so that's the genre I like to showcase the most. If you look around however, you'll see that I enjoy and review a bit of everything.
3. Name the 3 books you're excited for in 2014!
I thought I could do this until I realized the question wasn't broken up into debuts and non-debuts. The horror! To spread the book love around, I chose three books I've yet to mention that I'm looking forward to:
- No Place To Fall by Jaye Robin Brown - Sounds lovely and music plays a big part!
- Kiss Kill Vanish by Jessica Martinez - Sounds amazing + cover is GORGEOUS.
- Damsel Distressed by Kelsey Macke - I love the sound of this one, plus how cool is it that it's getting an album?! SO COOL. Plus, I kind of have an author crush on Kelsey so I really hope I love the book.
You can check out my most excited lists for debuts here and other 2014 releases here.
4. Where in the world are you blogging from?
5. Tell us -- how did you get into blogging in the first place?
I discovered Goodreads, which led me to follow my first blog, inkcrush. After following for a little while, I knew I wanted in and with some help from two very lovely bloggers (Nic and Nomes), I started blogging.
6. Apart from reading, what other hobbies/interests do you have?
Talking about the books I read and chatting about them? Does that count? Apart from being a reader, I love relaxing with movies, TV shows and music. I also happen to bit of a Lush fanatic.
7. If you were stuck on a deserted island, which books would you bring with you?
You really should have given me a limit...I'll pick 5. P.S - Does Book Depository deliver?
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - I could read this book again and again.
- Anna and the French Kiss - I'd need something cute and fun to keep me from going sane. (edit: I meant insane but I kept it as it was because FUNNY.)
- A John Green book I've yet to read. (I've read TFIOS and Looking for Alaska. What would you rec' next?)
- Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta - it's a favourite and consists of the perfect amounts of light and dark; fun and meaningful.
- A classic. (I haven't read too many of these. Suggestions?)
8. If you were stuck in some dangerous situation (like a fire, a sinking ship, a warzone), which book boy or girl would you want to come and save you?
Not to be a damsel in distress but can Rose Hathaway (Vampire Acadmemy series) come rescue me? The girl is a BADASS. Also, if Dimitri decided to tag along as well, you would not hear me complaining... *swoons*
9. You’re attending a party with your friends. Suddenly, the DJ changes the song and it’s YOUR song – what song would that be?
Lonely Boys by The Black Keys or Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) by Beyonce.
10. What 3 movies would you love to have your favorite author write into books, or vice versa?
The Breakfast Club (such a great movie! I think this would make an awesome YA.)
Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
SO FUN. If you've stopped by from visiting other Love-A-Thon participants, nice to see/meet you! Leave comments, suggestions and recommendations if you have any!