9 May 2014

The Fault in Our Stars: Mini Movie Review (Spoiler Free!)

On Monday night, I was lucky enough to be invited to attend a pre-screening for The Fault in Our Stars, all thanks to Bookworld. Now, I'm sure you're all anxious to see the movie for yourself when it releases but until then, I thought I'd share my (spoiler-free!) musings on what I thought about the film. Shall we?


- I recently saw Divergent (where Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort also star) so I briefly thought it could be rather weird (and creepy) seeing them go from siblings to then dating each other, but it wasn't in the slightest. They had great chemistry.


- Ansel was charming as Gus and Shailene made a great Hazel. I thought the acting was fantastic and every role, main or minor, was deserved and worked well together.

- The movie was funnier than I expected. While I remember there being some fun, smiley book moments, I didn’t expect to laugh as much as I did in the movie, which I really liked.

- I love going to the movies, but I can’t remember the last time I watched a movie and my mind didn’t wander. I was completely and utterly captivated and for two hours, my mind was on nothing but the movie itself.

- I laughed, I cried and overall, I loved it. It was such a strong book-to-movie adaption and I felt like it captured the book perfectly. Two thumbs up! I hope you enjoy TFIOS movie as much as I did :)


The Fault In Our Stars opens in Australia June 5th/US June 6th. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see this movie and I hope it does well in theaters. I won't be home for the whole month when it comes out, so I'll have to see it later, but it's good to see people are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I know everyone wants me to read/see this. If it's got a $10 presale like Divergent I will go see it. But if I find it sad then Brodie will use it as an excuse to say that I DO have feelings and that people aren't the devil and I'm not sure my rep could recover from that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeeeeeeeeee! Becca, I am so unbelievably excited for this movie! It's so reassuring to hear what a faithful and heart wrenching adaptation this is. And that it's still captured the wit and humour and intelligence of the story.

    So so so happy you cried a bucketload of tears. Cannot wait to go through five boxes of tissues :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Becca, this sounds AWESOME. AND I CAN'T BELIEVE I STILL HAVEN'T READ THE DAMN BOOK.

    Oops...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one! I still need to read the book, but I am looking forward to this one a lot. I like Ansel Elgort, since he was good in the remake of Carrie.

    ReplyDelete