On Monday night, I was lucky enough to be invited to attend a pre-screening for The Fault in Our Stars, all thanks to Bookworld. Now, I'm sure you're all anxious to see the movie for yourself when it releases but until then, I thought I'd share my (spoiler-free!) musings on what I thought about the film. Shall we?
- I recently saw Divergent (where Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort also star) so I briefly thought it could be rather weird (and creepy) seeing them go from siblings to then dating each other, but it wasn't in the slightest. They had great chemistry.
- Ansel was charming as Gus and Shailene made a great Hazel. I thought the acting was fantastic and every role, main or minor, was deserved and worked well together.
- The movie was funnier than I expected. While I remember there being some fun, smiley book moments, I didn’t expect to laugh as much as I did in the movie, which I really liked.
- I love going to the movies, but I can’t remember the last time I watched a movie and my mind didn’t wander. I was completely and utterly captivated and for two hours, my mind was on nothing but the movie itself.
- I laughed, I cried and overall, I loved it. It was such a strong book-to-movie adaption and I felt like it captured the book perfectly. Two thumbs up! I hope you enjoy TFIOS movie as much as I did :)