28 Oct 2014

Long Time, No See

I’ve slowly been resurfacing and showing my face around Twitter, retweeting, wishing book birthdays and such. And, here I am. Again. I swear I didn’t think I was going to be gone this long. That’s always seems to be the case though. I disappear because of life and then forget to come back, even just to tell you that I’m on hiatus and taking some time away. After months went by, I started thinking that maybe it was time to call it quits. But like always, the love of books pulled me back. I have missed you all so much; chatting books and being surrounded by like minded people and conversing with readers, authors, publishers, and of course, the written word.

Awhile ago I mentioned very briefly I wasn’t well and while I was away, I went overseas for medical treatment. Life has been very busy the last few months, heck, this year. Time is flying and I can’t believe there’s a little over two months left of 2014 - scary. As I write this post, I’m not sure what the future holds, but I know that I miss the community and being apart of it, so hopefully I’ll be around for a little while longer. My main focus is taking care of myself and getting better, along with school, but blogging is a passion, a chance for escapism. So while it isn't #1 priority, it is important to me and I miss it when I'm not present, and for now, I'll keep on blogging. 

In the mean time and until next post, I’ll be reminicing with Full House episodes (oh, childhood nostalgia), finally sitting down with that book I started a week ago and satisfying my sweet tooth with a cookie so delicious you wouldn’t believe it’s healthy. So, that’s me. What about you? I hope you are happy, healthy, have been reading good books lately and taking care. Comment and tell me what I’ve missed, how you’re going, and what you’ve been reading.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca!! I'm so glad to see you here!! I just went to my feed to make doubly sure your blog is in there and it was but while I was there, my cursor unfollowed you so I had to follow you back. Yikes. That's the third time that has happened to me and it is so embarrassing! ANYWAY yay to seeing your name pop up on Twitter and I'm hoping you're able to stick around as much as you're able. Book blogging is so hard to stay away from, isn't it? I had a bit of a break myself earlier this year, and it actually ended up turning into several small breaks. We moved and my family had a hard time settling in. So I'm trying to come back to blogging too. (I actually had to cancel my contemporary month event and I was sad about it, but it isn't really that important in the grand scheme of things and I can reschedule if life allows, you know?). Hi, good to see you, well wishes, happy thoughts, yay for books (:

    Wow, that was SO rambly. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your ramble! I'm looking forward to being back and I may or may not have some fun ideas up my sleeve. Welcome back to you, too! I'm glad to see you back blogging :) Thanks so much for stopping by and for the comment.

      Delete
  2. So glad you're back! But you can't drop news that big and expect us to talk about ourselves!! Wishing you very good health and looking forward to your posts again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose! I really appreciate your comment. Hopefully I see an improvement soon, baby steps.

      Delete
  3. I'm interested in this cookie so delicious but still being healthy. I AM ALWAYS INTERESTED IN ALL THE COOKIES. *calms self* But overseas for medical treatment? I hope you're on the mend now. :| That sounds sufficiently scary. I don't think I could ever quite blogging...sometimes it gets to be a bit much and I'm overwhelmed and need to back off...but ultimately? I love it too much. BOOKS.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Notebook Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I hear you, cookies are delicious. I can link you the recipe if you like. Unfortunately, I'm not on the mend and there's still a long, long way to go.
      I love books, too and this community is hard to let go of. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete