A few months ago I watched The Lizzie Bennet Diaries and very quickly became a fan. I loved it! I know I was late to jump on the bandwagon, but when I was watching, all I wanted to do was discuss it. So here I am. Just a bit late? Fans of the series or those who've yet to give it a watch, gather round. To recap, here's what the web series is all about:
|Photo courtesy of Ashley Clement’s Official Tumblr Page|
- If you love Pride and Prejudice, I think you will LOVE this modern retelling. I haven't read P&P, but that didn't take away from my enjoyment at all. Fan or not, anyone can enjoy it.
- It's entertaining and so much much fun to watch, especially as the show progresses and you come to care for the characters.
- Most episodes roughly run for 3-6 minutes; perfect for when you have a little free time on your hands.
- The Bennet sisters! Lizzie is awesome and relatable; Jane is the sweetest and super huggable; and Lydia is intense, but cute and underneath all that crazy lays a big heart. You'll love these girls and seeing them grow from beginning to end. Also, Charlotte: I bet you you'll want to be her friend. She's lovely.
- The characters are layered. Considering how short the episodes are, it really shows the skill that went into bringing them to life. You will really grow to love them (and maybe hate a few.)
Lightning round: (that turned out to be not-so lighting fast. Go figure)
Um. How can I choose? I think I have to go with Lizzie.
Least favourite character...
Mr. Collins (he's such a grating character) and of course, George Wickham (no matter the P&P version, this guy will always be the scum).
Cuteness overload: Meeting Bing Lee - ep. 28
BRB, swooning: Gratitude - ep. 98
Least favourite episodes...
What do mean? I enjoyed all the episodes. Silly question.
Are you a fan of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries? If not, are you now considering the show? (I really hope you are. Then my job here is done!) Has anyone had success with Emma Approved? And finally, who's read TLBD book? Currently, it's sitting on my shelf, but I think I might need to bump it up my TBR).