- Six Impossible Things by Fiona Wood - Refreshing, honest and awesome book, oh how I loved you!
- To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - I had super high hopes and this book didn't disappoint. So sweet and lovely, can't wait for #2!
- Open Road Summer by Emery Lord - So glad I was finally compelled to pick this up. Lives up to the hype!
- 17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen - I get why this isn't some peoples cup of tea, but it was mine. It made me think about slut-shaming and the vicious cycle of it.
- The Last Leaves Falling by Sarah Benwell - My favourite kind of book - thoughtful. As you are going to learn very soon, I loved this A LOT. Add it to your TBR, stat! (RTC in January.)
Most surprising book you read in 2014?
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman - I wasn't a fan of If I Stay, so I was skeptical when I was told to check this out. I went in with no expectations, and ended up loving it! I'm so glad people told me to give Went a go and that I gave it a chance otherwise I would have missed out on something special.
- The Sky So Heavy by Claire Zorn - I got this Aussie YA out from the library in preparation for a book event in January. I didn’t expect to enjoy it as much as I did. And I especially hadn’t expected to cry. Looking forward to Zorns' sophomore novel.
Most unputdownable book of the year?
The Summer I Wasn't Me by Jessica Verdi - I'm not a fast reader, but I read this in a day. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down.
Best 2014 debut you read?
There are a few I could mention here, but since this book can always use some more love: 17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen
Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Nil by Lynne Mattoon - This book was not only entertaining, but the vivid setting was amazing to picture in my head.
Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The Intern by Gabrielle Tozer - This was such a fun book. It was light and it made me grin a lot. I think it was because I related with the awkwardness so much. And awkward is funny. Oh, is it!
Book That Crushed Your Soul? // Most Thought-Provoking/Life-Changing Book of 2014? // That Made You Cry in 2014? // Favourite cover of a book you read in 2014? // Most memorable character of 2014? (Yes, I'm awarding all these to the one book. That is correct!)
And (all) the awards goes to… The Last Leaves Faliing by Sarah Benwell. This book - wow. I'll never forget the main character or how much it made me think and question or the amount of tissues I went through. The US covers wins at life. It's gorgeous!
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
I've really enjoyed reading and supporting Aussie blogs this year. Most recently - Jess @ My Reading Dress, who seems to be my twin/kindred spirit in many ways. She's lovely!
Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen.
Best bookish moment in 2014?
Discovering the awesomeness of Becky Albertalli. Oh, the love!
One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
Every Breath by Ellie Marney. I'm coming for you, book!
A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
In case you didn't get the memo: the love is strong for The Last Leaves Falling by Sarah Benwell.
What were your best bookish highlights and favourites of 2014? Feel free to leave a link to your post/survey or tell me in the comments! Have I convinced you on any of these titles? *wink wink*