7 Aug 2011

A Straight Line to my Heart

A Straight Line To My Heart by Bill Condon
School is over, not just for the year, but forever. Tiff and Kayla are free, which is what they've always wanted, but now summer is nearly at and end and that means life decisions. Tiff is hoping her job at the local paper will lead to something more... But 'The Shark' soon puts her straight on what it takes to become a hard-nosed reporter like him. At home, Reggie - the o...moreSchool is over, not just for the year, but forever. Tiff and Kayla are free, which is what they've always wanted, but now summer is nearly at and end and that means life decisions. Tiff is hoping her job at the local paper will lead to something more... But 'The Shark' soon puts her straight on what it takes to become a hard-nosed reporter like him. At home, Reggie - the only grandad she's ever known - has quit the smokes and diagnosed himself as cactus. Then Kayla hits her with some big news. And into all this stumbles Davey, the first boy who has ever really wanted to know her.

Tiff is smart with words and rarely does tears, but in one short week she discovers that words don't always get you there; they don't let you say all the stuff from deep in your heart.

Review:

I had heard about A Straight Line to my Heart, and read good reviews about it. It was on my to-read list, but I wasn’t urgent to read it, but when I came across it in a bookstore, I picked it up and decided to buy it. And I am very glad I did.

Awesomely Aussie is how I would describe it. It’s heartfelt, completely down-to earth and a great coming of age story.

Top notch Characters. I loved them all. Real and enjoyable to read about. I also liked that the author introduced the characters slowly and not in a big lump. It gave you a chance to get to know them - their quirks and personalities.
So uniquely grafted. I loved the author’s prose, it was easy to read and had me flipping through the pages. So many good scenes that had me smiling, too. Pick it up, and I think you’ll discover what I’m talking about. J

I thought it would be good, but never did I ever imagine it being this brilliant. I was hooked and enjoyed it from start to finish. I loved every minute of this book. This book is an example of why I love read!

Rating 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment