13 Sept 2011

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Forgotten by Cat Patrick
I remember forwards. I remember forwards, and forget backwards. My memories, bad, boring, or good, haven't happened yet. So I will remember standing in the fresh-cut grass with the black-clad figures surrounded by stone until I do it for real. I will remember the funeral until it happens - until someone dies. And after that, it will be forgotten. Here's the thing about me: I can see my future, but my past is blank. I see the future in flashes, like memories. I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, and a car crash that won't happen till this afternoon. But yesterday has evaporated from my mind - just like the boy I love. I can't see him in my future. I can't remember him from my past. But today, I love him. And I never want to forget how much.

Review:

I had heard of Forgotten and even read some great reviews about it, and to tell you the truth it sounded interesting but I wasn’t sure if I’d like it. Well, after reading it, I can now tell you that I thought it was one of the most clever, intriguing, creative books I have ever read. Like seriously, if this is Cat Patricks debut, I can’t wait to see what she writes next!
All of the characters were well written about and entertaining...especially London. I thought that she was such a strong character, considering everything that she had to deal with and the such. I was so glad she had Luke – a sweet, loyal and swoony  guy - by her side. I absolutely loved their relationship, to me they were a perfect match and so well suited.
I loved the way Cat Patrick described meeting Luke, the first time and every other. It was like a new experience each time, not just for London, but for me as well! As she described him a bit differently every time focusing on his unwavering gaze, to his obvious ease or his effortless smile. I had to smile to myself when I came across this short, yet sweet paragraph in the book:
I thought I was prepared .
This morning, I read months of notes. I flipped through dozens of photos.
But Luke in real life is something else. Luke in real life is something no amount of notes could prepare me for. My living, breathing boyfriend is amazing.
:D

I like that the author kept the characters to a minimum and didn’t go overboard. This made it easy to follow and know who was who.   I know recently I have read a few books that I just couldn’t keep up with, as the number of characters were preposterous!  
Intriguing, original and brilliantly written.
Overall, I enjoyed every minute of this book. It’s got the just the right amount of romance, drama and mystery. If you haven’t read this book yet, I highly suggest you do.

Rating 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment