18 Sept 2011

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.
Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.

Review:
I am sooo not a paranormal reader. To tell you the truth, I’m a bit of a wimp. I hate horror, thrillers, blood, killing and guts. But after reading the blurb and reviews for another paranormal book, Nightshade I brought it and decided to give it a try. However at the start of the book – what happens? Well...it begins with a bloody start and I don’t mean that in a good way. So not for me! But then I heard about, Paranormalcy and I hesitantly brought it after I heard it was more a cutesy novel. And after reading the first chapter, I already knew this book was and would be different from the others. It didn’t need the descriptive information on the killing, blood, fighting. Yes it had some killing but it wasn’t described for pages on end. The book didn’t need it. Why you might ask? Cause it had awesome characters, an interesting plot and was just a great read in general!

I really like that the author didn’t just base the book on one type of paranormal creature. No! She made sure to include mermaids, werewolves, faeries, vampires, trolls, nymphs, people made of water, people made of fire and everything else you can possibly think of. It sure did make for an interesting read!
I loved how it was both dark and light. I thought this was excellent, as it could range for a larger age group.

Evie was such a cute and lively little thing. I liked that she a pink sparkly taser, she named tasey! She was original and could kick butt, whatever came her way. Lend was adorable, and his paranormal talent was unique.
Really interested in reading Supernaturally, as I can’t wait to see what happens next! But for the moment, I will be good and not buy it, as I have a nice reading stack happening. Scouts honour!

I would totally suggest this book to even those who aren’t into paranormal reads. Hey, it isn’t the genre I usually read, but look what happened. I really enjoyed it!   :D
Rating 4/5

3 comments:

  1. I want to read this book now!! Great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was extremely good! And that's coming from a reader who doesn't noramlly read Paranormal!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this book! I am obsessed with Kiersten White!!

    Also, your blog is looking fantastic with the pages at the top :)
    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete