8 Oct 2011

Re: The Story Siren - Getting Bloggers without the SPAM



After reading a blog post, called Getting Followers without the SPAM by Kristi @ The Story Siren. I couldn’t help but nod my head in agreement. So here’s my long “comment”, which I originally posted on her site, but thought I’d also share it here. Before reading my comment, why not head to the post on her site.
.............................................................................................................................................
Here’s my opinion on the matter...
I completely agree with you!

I recently joined a Goodreads group, called Blogger Lift. And there's a link, called:
Need a follower write your blogs name here I'll follow. I've left my address in a comment and found some other great blogs but got annoyed when people said: following you, please follow me back. Great if your interested in their blog, but if your not, you kinda feel bad. Example, someone followed me and asked for a follower back but when I went to ther site, it was an Adult Paranormal book blog. Here's the thing... a) I'm a teen and b)I'm not into paranormal reads, cause I'm a bit of a wimp, although I did like Paranormalcy!

I've been blogging for a few months and currently up to 43 followers. I know it's hard not to obsess over how many followers you have, but the thing about blogging isn't about how many people are following you, it's about your book blogging adventures, having fun and meeting new people. And that's the thing you have to focus on! :)

At the moment, I've got 43 followers. It might not be a whole lot, but at least you have followers who like what your doing. Remember the story... Slow and steady wins the race. In the last two days, after hitting 40 followers, 3 more joined in the fun. It might of only been 3 more, but it made a difference to me. It put a nice big dopey on my face. :D

I might of not been in the blogging game for long, but I can whole heartedly tell you I love it. I love it because I get express my opinion on books, join in challenges and meme's in the blogosphere, create a layout and header that express me and my love of being creative and so much more!

So whatever the amount of followers you have on your site, remember why you do it. Why you blog? For me, it's not about being "popular", and having endless followers, it's about doing the thing you love.
What do you think of all this? Feel to leave a comment!

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. I have also joined Blogger Lift and have run into the same problems. Blogging should be fun and not about how many followers you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ''Blogging should be fun and not about how many followers you have.''

    2nd that i blog b cause i lov givimy my opinion on books , getting new folowers is cool butwill they return

    thats the question?

    loved youre comments y'all

    ReplyDelete
  3. ''Blogging should be fun and not about how many followers you have.'' Well said!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. Blogging should be for fun. Yes, it's cool knowing that people are following you and have an interest in what you're writing about. But that shouldn't be why you blog.

    I do like blogger lift, because it's allowed me to follow a lot of other great blogs that are out there,and a lot of people have discovered my blog through that site.

    Marketing isn't necessarily bad if it's done in the right way. However, if you're following somebody else's blog, just so they'll follow you,you're missing the pint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exaclty. From joining Blogger Lift, I've also found some awesome blogs and recived some lovely followers. But you shouldn't join someone's blog, just so they'll follow you back. If you do that, then your missing the point of why your blogging in the first place.

    I love your point Danica, if you market it correctly, it's fine.
    Example:
    BAD: Following you, follow me back.
    THE BETTER APPROACH: Following your blog, it's awesome btw. If you have some free time you might like to check out my site. Good luck with blog. (just an example)
    :)

    Thanks for all the comments guys! It's nice to see lotsa people feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete