13 Dec 2011

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick (Hush, Hush Series - Book #2)

October 19th, 2010 ∙ Simon & Schuster

Source: Brought
Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts
.
Review:
When I started this book, even though I really wanted to read this, I just wasn’t in the mood to read. But never fear Becca Fitzpatrick is here.
In Crescendo, Vee’s was just as crazy and fun as she was in Hush, Hush, which I loved! I can’t wait to read about more of her and Nora’s antics! Nora was a bit annoying at times, but with the events at hand, I think she is forgiven. As for Patch, well he’s just as swoony as ever!
The end of each chapter is horrible, as it ends grippingly, forcing you to read on, which is not very good when your trying to stop reading and pull it in for the night.
Throughout the novel this book is very suspenseful and will keep you on the edge of your seat, but as I neared the ending the book turned up notches on the action scale.  And just when I thought it was wrapping up, something happens leaving you with a dreaded cliff hanger!
I can’t wait for Silence after reading the ending of book two! I might just have to weasel it out of mum from under the tree as an early Christmas present? Hmm, I hope so!
If you enjoyed Hush, Hush, I don’t think you’ll want to miss all the action that is Crescendo!
Rating 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment