15 Dec 2011

Getting To Know You: Flipping Through The Pages

Welcome to this week’s Getting To Know You interview, please welcome:

How long have you been blogging?       
I started blogging in July on WordPress, but then decided to move to Blogger in September (which is why there are SO many blogposts in my September archive!)
Why did you decide to create a blog?
I started out in July as part of a university assignment, we had to create a “web presence”, and this included having a blog – and because I love reading, it seemed the obvious topic! – After the assignment was over, I decided I really loved blogging and the blogging community so I decided to move to Blogger!
How did your blog name originate?
Well, originally my blog name was “The Book Babbler” when it was on WordPress because I tend to babble nonsensically about everything! After I moved to Blogger, I wanted to change the name because I didn’t like it, so I came up with my current one because I tend to constantly flip backwards to check something in a book and I’ve even made it look like the page is flipping on my e-reader! Plus, there is the added bonus of no one having that name :)
How did you get into reading? Have you always been a reader?
I was an avid reader growing up, I loved Harry Potter, Roald Dahl, Alice in Wonderland, non-fiction animal and ocean books and Bambi – they were probably my favourites! Once I entered highschool and was forced to read books that I simply didn’t enjoy, I only read the odd book here and there (plus, I didn’t have enough time from year 10-12). After school finished, I finally picked up books that I wanted to read and have been addicted again ever since :)
What was the last book you read that made you feel like shouting from the rooftops because it was that good?
Well, I’d say Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, but my latest is actually Shatter Me by Tareheh Mafi (which I got two weeks early in Aus, YAY!) because it was fabulous writing and it was just overall amazing!
Fave Literal Book Crush
Oh :( I can’t pick just one! Tucker from Unearthly or Adam from Shatter Me! They are both guys who are actually sweet, caring and not abusive :) *swoon*
Favourite TV Show(s)
Family Guy, Flight of the Conchords, Sex and the City, Sailor Moon and Cake Boss is getting up there with my faves!
Favorite Authors
JK Rowling <3, Stephen King, Christopher Pike, Kiersten White, Laini Taylor and many, many, many more!!
Hardback or Ebook
Both :) I love e-books because I can carry HEAPS of books around with me and those books don’t get ruined in my handbag on the way to uni! But, I always get books I love on hardback, I love the smell of books and staring at the pretty covers and the feel of the pages! But I definitely understand why so many people like e-readers, they are convenient!
Quote that you live by (or simply like)
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view… until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it” – To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee.
“You can never hate strongly, unless you have loved strongly” – The Last Vampire, Christopher Pike
When your not reading, what do you like to do?
I like going out/hanging out with friends, watching movies, dancing (like a spastic), watching the theatre, shopping and going out for lunch/dinner with friends and chilling with family :)
Thanks for having me Rebecca :)
No worries Taneika, thanks for taking part!

No comments:

Post a Comment