3 Jan 2012

Review: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games #2)

September 1s,t 2009  ∙ Scholastic Press
Source: Brought

Format: Hardcover

Page Count: 391

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster children for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol...
Review:
With Christmas and everything going on I hardly read in December. I started this books about a week ago but was only reading a chapter or so a day, as I wasn’t really in a reading mood. It wasn’t until I sat down and just read that I really started to enjoy Catching Fire!
It started out a bit slow (but that was mostly because I wasn’t reading consistently and was only reading a bit here and there) but in no time your back into the swing of things and your hooked!
I’ll say it again, this book, this series, it’s beyond clever! I am in awe of the author!
At first I thought Catching Fire was good but not as good as good as the first, but as I moved further into the story it only get better!
The characters return and are better than ever! On top of that you are introduced to a whole new bunch! 
Because this book is awesome and I didn’t want to stop reading it, yet I also wanted to go on the treadmill, I decided to do both at once: read while walking on the machine. Let’s just say, not a good idea! Here’s what happened: I was reading and something out of the blue happened that shocked me. So here’s a future warning: No matter how good the book is, don’t operate exercise equipment at the same time… it could be deadly.
What a way to end the book! Those last and final, chilling words! Seriously, luckily I have the next book at home, otherwise I wouldn’t be a happy camper!
Overall, I loved this book and was surprised at how well the sequel turned out!
Rating: 5/5

2 comments:

  1. woohoo!
    exactly how i felt about catching fire too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like it as much as Hunger Games but OMG what a killer ending!!!


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete