18 Jun 2012

Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth
January 1st, 2011 Katherine Tegen Books
Source: Won
Format: ARC
Page Count: 487

In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.

Review:

Where do I even begin? This book is crazy good! Mind = blown.

The characters are fleshed out and real. I loved Tris and her character. She is such an amazing protagonist and the amount of strength and braveness she possesses is incredible. Although at times I wished she had kept her mouth shut as I didn’t want to see her get in trouble, I loved her need to stand up for others. I only wished the absolute best for her. Four is unlike any fictional character I have ever met. I don’t even know how to begin describing him but I would begin by saying that he different yet delightful. *swoon*
I’m not a huge fan of rereading books but I cannot wait to jump back into this story and discover this world all over again.
Veronica Roth must be an alien of some sort (and a very talented one at that!) because that is the only logical reason someone could create such an amazing, cruel, beautiful, raw story.
If you haven’t yet read Divergent (which I’m sure there aren’t many of you) I advise you to grab a copy this instant! You will not be disappointed.
5/5

5 comments:

  1. I feel like every time I read a review of Divergent I comment with the same thing: CAN YOU BELIEVE I STILL HAVEN’T READ THIS? Tris and Four sound so freaking cool, I NEED to grab a copy next time I’m out! Awesome review, Rebecca. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does it bring me IMMENSE satistication to hear that this book blew your beautiful mind away? :D Gah, I freaking LOVE Divergent!! I am so so so happy it's received the same affection from you. Four and Tris are so amazing and I think you're going to love them even MORE in Insurgent!!

    Seriously, you're making ME want to run back and reread my own copy of Divergent. I don't get to reread much these days since our TBR's are always overflowing, but I've managed at least one or two rereads of Divergent since I first read it and I'm eager for MORE :D Fantastic review! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Divergent and Insurgent, best dystopian I've read and I love this series even more than the Hunger Games. Can't wait to see what you think of Insurgent, have you got it?

    If you have a min check out my review of Insurgent (no spoilers I promise)
    http://teddyree-theeclecticreader.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/insurgent-by-veronica-roth.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHH I have Divergent sitting oh-so-temptingly on my bookshelf I should get down to reading it soon, like now!!! Loved the world building too, even if all I read were a few excepts! :D

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEEEEEEEEE! BECCA! It makes me INSANELY happy to hear you loved Divergent so damn much! Is there ANY more amazing book? I mean.. seriously. AMAZING. AND FOOOOOOOUR!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete