3 Oct 2011

Beatle Meets Destiny by Gabrielle Williams

Beatle Meets Destiny by Gabrielle Williams

Imagine your name is John Lennon, only everyone calls you Beatle.
And then you meet your Dream girl and her name is Destiny McCartney.
But what if you're already with the perfect girl?
A novel about change, chance and everybody doing the wrong thing
.
Review:
When I first began reading this book, I had an instant connection – with the story, the characters, everything. I don’t think I’ve ever had a connection so early on with a book, and I especially loved the first chapter of Beatle Meets Destiny. It was striking and grabbed my attention. In the first chapter, we learn Beatle has a twin who was born on a different day, in a different year (sounds mind boggling, but it makes sense if you read the book, trust me). This among other things is what made this book so interesting, captivating and fun to read!

Above I mention that I had a connection very early on in this book and that would be due to the amazing characters. After just a chapter, I was intrigued and loved the way the author talked about and described both Beatle and Destiny. Especially Destiny, as the author, Gabrielle Williams depicted her beautifully, and somehow managed to make her flaws seem completely attractive. Here’s what I’m talking ‘bout:

‘Spanish, or something, with a strong, straight nose, and an over-large mouth, and when she spoke you expected an accent, but there was no accent. Instead, there was a lisp. Or not really a lisp, but a slight sibilant sssomething underlining each of her words. As if her tongue was a fraction too big for her both.’
Some people might not really like Beatle and the cheating aspect of this book, but I didn’t have a problem with it. You might think this is just another, average story about a guy getting away with two timing. Yes and no. Yes, he cheats. But, unlike other books I’ve read, Beatle isn’t two timing for the sake of two timing! He’s just been lucky enough to find two beautiful girls, and is now stuck with the difficult decision of what to do.

Quirky characters, a fun plot, laugh out loud moments. I’m sure you’ll enjoy this Aussie read.
Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment