6 Oct 2011

Noah's Law by Randa Abdel-Fattah

Noah’s Law by Randa Abdel-Fattah

Sixteen-year-old Noah is a troublemaker. His father is a hotshot barrister. This is not a good combination. When Noah gets caught mucking up at school, his dad sends him to work at his aunt's law firm during the holidays to 'learn responsibility' and 'fix his attitude'. There he meets Jacinta – the cute intern who knows her way around a photocopier, and Casey – the wicked witch of the firm. Noah becomes involved in a case where a woman has been killed during a mugging gone wrong. There's a grieving husband, a guilty employer, and an open and shut case involving lots of money. But right and wrong, and crime and punishment are soon entangled as Noah realises that things are seldom what they seem.



Review:
When I started reading, Noah’s Law, to be honest I didn’t have high expectations as I’d never read a book by the author and didn’t know what I was getting into. But after reading the book, I am very pleased to say that I am impressed, I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did!
Noah’s Law, is such an effortless and fun read. It’ll have you hooked and on the edge of your seat in no time and leave you wondering what will happen next! The plot was incredible, trust me, not a boring moment in the entire book. It’s the kind of story, that makes you wanna stay up all night. Stuff the fact it’s late, it’ll have you in a page flipping frenzy.
Noah...wow, what a fantastic male POV. Seriously, it’s like the author is actually a teenage boy, it’s that authentic and spot on. You name it, his thoughts, his obsession over girls, attitude and behaviour. I also loved his friend Amit and Jacinta, the intern at work, as they were great friends, that stuck around even if it meant getting caught up in murderous case!
This was my first book by Randa Abdel-Fattah and after really enjoying it, I can’t wait to check out some of her other books she’s written. Loved the authors humourous and witty style of writing. I also thought she did a splendid job writing about how the law industry works and all the detailed ins and outs. Wonder why...maybe it’s because, she works as a litigation lawyer!      :)
The story reminded me of, the TV show, Magnum P.I, that my mum and I used to watch. Except instead of a real, private investigator it was Noah (an inexperienced teen still at high school) who was on the case! If you STILL need convincing, how’s this. I hadn’t even finished the book (wasn’t even half way) and I felt like I could whole heartedly recommend it. Yes, it was that good!
Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment